Microsoft® Publisher is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher offers a large selection of “building blocks” that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates mail merge features, which is handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it’s possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents. With a user-friendly interface, Microsoft Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications.
In this course, you will create, format, edit, and share publications. You will:
- Get familiar with the Publisher 2010 environment and start working on a publication.
- modify the layout and structure of a publication.
- Format text in a publication.
- Edit the contents in a publication.
- Format graphics.
- prepare a publication for distribution.
This course is intended for persons with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft® Publisher 2010 to create, layout, and edit publications.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic Windows tasks and be comfortable in the Windows environment.
Getting Started with Publisher 2010
- Identify the Components of the Publisher Interface
- Customize the Publisher Interface
- Create a Basic Publication
- Add Content to a Publication
Modifying the Layout and Structure of a Publication
- Import Text into a Publication
- Organize Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Insert Common Layout Elements
- Use Building Blocks
Formatting Text in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Paragraph Styles
- Apply Schemes
Editing Content in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Present Content in Tables
- Review Text in a Publication
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Formatting Graphics in a Publication
- Customize the Appearance of Pictures
- Add Graphical Objects to a Publication
Preparing a Publication for Distribution
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication for Distribution
- Preview and Print a Publication
- Send a Publication by Email