You have the basic skills needed to work with Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 databases, including creating and working with Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports. But so far, you have been focusing only on essential database user skills. In this course, you will consider how to maintain data consistency, how to customize database components, and how to share Access data with other applications.
You will maintain data consistency and integrity; improve queries, forms, and reports; and also integrate Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 with other applications.
Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2 is designed for students who would like to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft Office Access program. The Level 2 course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include maintaining data integrity; handling complex queries, forms, and reports; and sharing data between Access and other applications. This course is also a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Access 2007.
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2, the completion of the Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1 course, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
Controlling Data Entry
- Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
- Create a List of Values for a Field
- Create Query Joins
- Join Unrelated Tables
- Relate Data Within a Table
Creating Flexible Queries
- Set Select Query Properties
- Create Parameter Queries
- Create Action Queries
- Design a Form Layout
- Enhance the Appearance of a Form
- Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Add a Command Button to a Form
- Create a Subform
- Organize Report Information
- Format the Report
- Set Report Control Properties
- Control Report Pagination
- Summarize Report Information
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Create a Mailing Label Report
Sharing Data Across Applications
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data
- Analyze Access Data in Excel
- Export Data to a Text File