Your training in and use of Microsoft® Office Access 2003 has provided you with a solid foundation in the basic and intermediate skills for working in Microsoft® Office Access 2003. You’re now ready to extend your knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities.
Access 2003 Level 1 and Access 2003 Level 2, or equivalent knowledge.
You will create complex Access databases using forms, reports, and macros.
This course is designed for the student who wishes to learn intermediate and advanced operations of the Microsoft® Office Access 2003 database program. The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft® Office Specialist Certification for Microsoft® Office Access 2003, and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Microsoft® Office Access 2003.
Access 2003 Level 4, the next course in this series, teaches students how to develop custom applications using Access.
Structuring Existing Data
- Import Data
- Analyze Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Writing Advanced Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicates Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using the Criteria Field
- Summarize Data with a Crosstab Query
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
- Display a Graphical Summary on a Form
Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro to a Command Button
- Restrict Records Using a Where Condition
Adding Interaction and Automation with Macros
- Require Data Entry with a Macro
- Display a Message Box with a Macro
- Automate Data Entry
Making Forms More Effective
- Change the Display of Data Conditionally
- Display a Calendar on a Form
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
Making Reports More Effective
- Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Arrange Data in Columns
- Create a Report Snapshot
Maintaining an Access Database
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Back Up a Database
- Compact and Repair a Database
- Protect a Database with a Password
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database