You need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft® Office Project Professional
2010 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan.
You will create a project plan containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, and finalize the project to implement the project plan.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage those project plans.
Students enrolled for this course should have the following: An understanding of project management concepts. Knowledge of a Windows operating system such as Windows XP or Windows 7.
Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Creating a Project Plan
- Create a Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline Tasks
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Add Notes to a Task
- Add a Recurring Task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing a Project Plan
- Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
- Additional Procedures to Create a Schedule in Microsoft Project 2010