Length: 1 day
This one-day course familiarizes the participant with Power BI Online, which allows you to intuitively discover and automate the import, transformation, and combination of data across a variety of data sources.
The student should be familiar with Excel and the concepts of datasets and basic reporting.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Understand and utilize Power BI Online.
Understand the differences between Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online.
Understand and explore the Power BI Online interface.
Understand and perform importing Excel worksheets, CSV, TXT, PBIX.
Understand connecting to databases.
Understand other forms of data.
Understand data refresh.
Understand and perform creating a new Power BI report.
Understand and perform adding filters to a report.
Understand and perform adding KPI’s to a report.
Understand and perform creating a Power BI dashboard.
Understand and perform pinning tiles.
Understand sharing reports and dashboards.
Understand Power BI Mobile.
Introduction to Power BI Online
- What is Power BI Online
- Examining the Differences Between Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online
- Exploring the Power BI Online Interface
- Utilizing Excel (.xlsx or .xlsm), Comma Separated Value (.csv)
- Utilizing Power BI Desktop (.pbix) Files
- Connecting to Databases
- Examining Other Forms of Data
- Understanding Data Refresh
- Creating a New Power BI Report
- Adding Filters to a Power BI Report
- Adding KPI’s to a Report
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Pinning Tiles
Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Exploring Power BI Mobile