Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured. In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint Team Site so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively.
SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, knowledge workers in a variety of business environments will be able to effectively utilize resources on a typical SharePoint Foundation team site in the course of performing normal business tasks. They will:
- Create and configure new SharePoint sites.
- Add document, asset, and wiki page libraries to sites and configure them.
- Add and configure announcement, task, calendar, contacts, and custom lists.
- Create and implement custom forms.
- Configures Site Settings, site search, and site navigation.
- Assign permissions and access rights to sites, users, and lists and documents.
- Configure content roll-up, and finalize site configuration.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage a SharePoint site.
To ensure your success in your course you should be have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows and any or all of the Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing.
Creating a New Site
- Create a Site
- Change the Look and Feel of Your SharePoint Site
Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Configure Document Library for Your SharePoint Team Site
- Configure the Site Assets Library for Your SharePoint Site
- Add and Configure a Wiki for Your SharePoint Site
Adding and Configuring Lists
- Add an Announcement List
- Add and Configure a Task List
- Add and Configure Contact and Calendar Lists
- Add and Configure a Blog Subsite
- Add and Configure a Custom List to your SharePoint Site
- Customize List Forms
Configuring Site Settings, Navigation, and Search
- Configure Site Search Options
- Configure Site Administration Settings
- Configure Site Organization and Navigation
Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Sharing Sites and Setting Site Permissions
- Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
Configure Content Roll-up, Summary Links, and Site Map
- Add and Configure the Content Search Web Part
- Add and Configure the Relevant Documents Web Part