Overview of SharePoint 2016 in Office 365
This intensive 3 day course is equally of value to IT Managers/Professionals and Developers is designed to provide an overview and the basis for a custom course to explain SharePoint 2016 in the Office 365 environment.
The topics listed below will give an indication of the areas to be covered. The course will consist of a series of PowerPoint presentations, including demonstrations and the topics covered will be reinforced via a series of worked exercises. The topic lists are presented as a series of points that can be included and the level of detail to be covered can be agreed by discussion.
Overview of SharePoint
- Logical Architecture
- Physical Architecture
- Role of SQL Server
- Web Application
- Site Templates
- Site Administration
- Email Integration
- What template to use
- What are they
- Why we want to use them
Navigation in a SharePoint Site
SharePoint lists and libraries
- Defining SharePoint Apps
- Customising Lists and Libraries
- Explaining Views on Lists and Libraries
- Creating Views on Lists and Libraries
- Modifying Navigation
Library document versions.
Creation of sub sites using various SharePoint templates.
Create and edit Web page content.
- Web Parts
- What is Design Manager
Site columns and content types (metadata).
- Content type creation
- Content type routing (Drop Box style)
Office applications and SharePoint 2016.
Basic permission management of SharePoint 2016 resources
New Features of Office 365
- Groups for Office 365 is a new way of working with your colleagues and people outside of your network
OneDrive for Business
- Securely share your files with colleagues, business partners, or customers. You control who can see and edit each file
- Delve helps you discover the information that’s likely to be most interesting to you right now
- Sway makes it quick and easy to create and share polished, interactive reports, presentations, personal stories and more
- An easy, visual, way to organise teamwork
The above list is an example of the topics areas that may be covered. Expansion on any area can be provided if required.