In previous levels, you were introduced to the various features of MicrosoftAccess that dealt with local database management. However, effective database management calls for mastering the advanced administrative and collaborative features of Access. In this course, you will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
You will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
This course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft® Office Access™ application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for the student who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
To ensure the successful completion of this course, the following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:Microsoft Access INtroduction, Intermediate and Advanced.
Integrating Access into Your Business
- Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Export Access Data to XML Format
- Export Data to the Outlook Address Book
- Collect Data Through Email Messages
Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Create a Standard Module
- Develop Code
- Call a Procedure from a Form
- Run the Procedure
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set the Startup Options
Distributing and Securing Databases
- Split a Database
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site
- Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Move a Database to a SharePoint Site