You will connect to a database to extract data and present it as a report.
This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming or SQL experience.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions such as creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files in Microsoft® Windows®. In addition, students should have taken the Microsoft® Office Access 2010: Level 1 course or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of the Crystal Reports interface.
- Create and modify a basic report.
- Use formulas to calculate and filter data.
- Build a parameterized report.
- Group report data.
- Enhance a report.
- Create a report using data from an Excel workbook.
- Distribute data.
Exploring the SAP Crystal Reports 2011 Interface
- Explore Crystal Reports
- Use Crystal Reports Help
- Customize the Report Settings
Working with Reports
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
Using Formulas in Reports
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
Building Parameterized Reports
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
Grouping Report Data
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterized Top N Report
Enhancing a Report
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
- Export Data
- Create Mailing Labels