This one-day training course has been designed to develop an understanding of the role of a minute taker, to recognise the importance of minute taking, and to teach essential techniques for producing minutes.
What is Minute Taking?
- Why take Minutes in a Meeting?
- What can go wrong?
Roles and Responsabilities
- What are your responsibilities?
- What are the responsibilities of others at the meeting?
What Skills Do You Need?
- Identifying all the skills and which need to be improved
- Choosing a Style
- Creating Informal Minutes
- Creating Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- Recording Formal Minutes – Motions and Resolutions
Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Techniques in Word for quick formats
- Top Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Writing Minutes
- Editing Minutes
Developing Your Minute Taking Skills
- The Importance of Body Language
- Communication Skills